The Chromebook screen can be damaged if subjected to rough treatment.
- Do NOT hold or carry your Chromebook by the corner of the screen or keyboard.
- NEVER carry Chromebook while the screen is open.
- Do not to lean on top of the Chromebook with body weight
- Do not place anything on the keyboard before closing the lid (eg: earbuds, pens, pencils, notebooks).
Cleaning your Chromebook
Clean the screen with a soft, dry anti-static, or microfiber cloth. Do not use window cleaner or any type of liquid on the Chromebook. You can also use packaged pre-moistened eyeglass lens cleaning tissues to clean the screen.
● No food or drink allowed near your Chromebook
● Cords, cables, and removable storage devices must be inserted and removed carefully into the Chromebook.
Appropriate Internet Usage
Network Information System
Richland School District provides computer and telecommunications networks that will allow opportunities for students and staff to communicate, learn, access and publish information. The District believes that the resources available through these networks and the skills that students and staff will develop in using it are of significant value in the learning process and student success in the future.
Use of these networks is limited to educational activities authorized under this policy and procedures and under the specific limitations contained therein. Richland School District will provide opportunity and procedures that encourage the widest possible access to electronic information systems and networks by the students and staff while establishing reasonable controls for the lawful, efficient and responsible use and management of the systems. The District reserves the right to change procedures and policies when deemed necessary and users have no expectation of privacy.
To help ensure student safety and citizenship in online activities, students will be educated about appropriate behavior, including interacting with other individuals on social networking websites and in chat rooms, and cyber-bullying awareness and response.
More Information is available by reading the RSD Responsible Use Policy & Chromebook Procedures and Guidelines