Sacajawea Wilderness Education
Camp Tall Timber - 5th Grade Camp
Each year all 5th grade students visit Camp Tall Timber for a week of outdoor education. 5th grade parents will begin hearing about camp in September with plenty of time and opportunities to raise funds and prepare for the experience.
- Camp has been a tradition at Sacajawea for over 37 years.
- Hundreds of volunteer hours go into making an unforgettable program for our 5th graders.
- The staff at Tall Timber Ranch look forward to our program each year because of its quality and how well behaved our students are.
- In collaboration with our PTO, students have the opportunity to earn all or part of the tuition by participating in the fall fundraiser or other parent sponsored events.
- To apply , evaluate, and synthesize knowledge learned in the classroom to a real-world setting. Subjects include geometry, data, division, biology, environmental studies, art, and music.
- Students work on social skills; learning to be “self-directed”, “solve problems in a positive way”, and “uses strategies and skills to work effectively with others”.
- Expose students to leisure activities that could become life-long recreational hobbies. These including hiking, archery, rock climbing, and geo-caching.
- Students will grow in self-confidence as they participate in challenging activities as individuals and in supportive groups.
- Give opportunities for Richland School District high school students and alumni to develop leadership skills as camp counselors.