Safety Patrol We invite your 5th grader to be part of this year's safety patrol team! See below for some important information:
- Safety Patrol members MUST be at least 10 years old.
- Students must be responsible, reliable, respectful, trustworthy, and dependable
- Members help other students safely cross the street before and after school.
- Before school, safety patrollers need to be at school by 8:15am so they can be at their post from 8:20-8:35am.
- After school, safety patrollers need to be at their post from 3:12-3:25 pm (leave their classroom at 3:08). Students MUST have alternate transportation at 3:30 or be able to walk/bike/scotter home.
- Typically, students are on patrol every other week, depending upon the total number of students that have signed up for before or after school.
- As more students join, they may be scheduled less frequently.
- Safety patrol duties are scheduled for a full week at a time. A schedule will come home with them the week before they are scheduled for the following week.
- If your student is absent, it is important to notify Mrs. Carr so a substitute can be arranged.
Please contact Rachel Carr, school psych and safety patrol advisor, if you have additional questions: Rachel.Carr@rsd.edu