(Fall 2021) At this time, we are not operating a student safety patrol. If this changes, we will communicate out to our 5th grade families.
Safety Patrol We invite your 5th grader to be part of this year's safety patrol team! See below for some important information:
- Safety Patrol members MUST be at least 10 years old.
- Students must be responsible, reliable, respectful, trustworthy, and dependable
- Members help other students safely cross the street before and after school.
- Before school, safety patrollers need to be at school by 8:15am so they can be at their post from 8:20-8:35am.
- After school, safety patrollers need to be at their post from 3:12-3:25 pm (leave their classroom at 3:08). Students MUST have alternate transportation at 3:30 or be able to walk/bike/scooter home.
- Typically, students are on patrol every other week, depending upon the total number of students that have signed up for before or after school.
- As more students join, they may be scheduled less frequently.
- Safety patrol duties are scheduled for a full week at a time. A schedule will come home with them the week before they are scheduled for the following week.
- If your student is absent, it is important to notify the safety patrol advisor so a substitute can be arranged.
Safety Patrol Advisor