Drop Off & Pick Up
THANK YOU for partnering with us to ensure your child gets the most out of their day! The three most important ways you can help us at the beginning and end of the day are:
- Have your child to school before 8:45 so they can enter the classroom with their peers, greet their teacher, and be ready to learn. When a student is tardy to school, their late arrival not only has an impact on your child, but also their teacher and the other students.
- Refrain from picking up kids prior to the end of the day, if at all possible. Similar to a tardy, when a student is called from class early the teaching and learning stops for every child.
- Follow the outlined drop-off and pick-up details below. We know that a school parking lot requires patience and we are so appreciative of your understanding and following of the expectations.
Drop Off and Pick Up Information
- The front parking lot (Fuller Street) is our main parking area. The loop/drive-thru are for the drop-off and pick-up of students. For everyone's safety, please refrain from dropping off/picking up students anywhere besides the loop, unless an adult is escorting them the entire way to and from the car.
- The drop-off/pick-up loop is not for parking at the following times: 8:20-9:00 and 3:00-3:30 (Monday-Thursday), 2:00-2:30 (Friday).
- The bus loop/back parking lot is for staff parking and buses to loop through before and after school. Cars will not be permitted to loop through the back parking lot from 8:20-9:00am and 3:00-3:45pm (2:00-2:45pm Fridays)
- The far parking lot to the south (near the Boys and Girls Club building) is open for parking at anytime throughout the school day.
Additional Tips for Navigating the Parking Lot
- Pull all the way forward in the drop-off/pick-up loop - past the center cross walk
- Stay in your car, make sure your kids are ‘ready to go’ at drop-off
- Only allow children to exit/enter your car when you are completely stopped and against the curb in the loop
- Drive slowly - pedestrians (especially children) are unpredictable and not always watching out for cars
- Don’t see your child? Pull all the way through and loop and circle back
- The drop-off/pick-up loop is not for parking during drop-off and pick-up
- Please do not pick up and drop off in the parking area or on the street unless you are personally escorting your child from the school and to your car.
Thank you for being kind, polite, patient, and rule-followers in the parking lot as our most impressionable treasures watch our every move!