Our volunteer Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) is here to help enrich our children's educational experience, to assist the teachers, and to bridge the gap between the classrooms and the homes so we can all be involved in our children's education.
At Sacajawea we have multiple ways be bring in additional funding to help better the school. Some of these include the Papa John's Pizza Night, Skate Night and Hockey Night. These all bring back a portion on what is spent to the school. If you have ideas or suggestions for any of these, let PTO know. Send an email with a proposal.
- Amazon - When you shop Smile.amazon.com you support the charity of your choice. There are many charities within our community on smile.amazon.com Sacy PTO is one of them as "Sacajawea Children's Interest Association Parent Teach Organization" you can find it through a search.
- Cash for Trash - The Cash for trash program is a new title for all programs that bring in money, from products we already purchase. Check out these great ways to turn your trash into cash for Sacy! Please bag all of these items and send with students. Label all submissions with your student's name and teacher! This is used to track progress in grade or class contests. If you want to increase your contributions, ask family or neighbors to save them too.
- Box Tops and Box Top App - Box tops are found on many products, including fresh veggies, butter, cereal, and more! Clip them, and send them into the school. We receive a check twice each school year for them. Bagged or on a page, we take them anyway. Box Tops EXPIRE! Lame, I know, so don't hold onto them for too long, because then that little cardboard dime becomes cardboard garbage. Box Tops also has an app. You buy products under a special bonuses, snap a picture of your receipt and it turns into more cash for the school. Insider Info: Now through the end of the year they have a bonus on Lysol products.
- Penny Wars - The two weeks surrounding Presidents Day in February, students from each grade bring in extra change from home, money is placed into their respective grade bins. The PTO collects the money each day to tally, and the winning grade receives a goody bag. All money collected goes to help the PTO support the teachers and students at Sacy.
- Goodwill Donation Trailers - Families can donate household goods, and the school earns money on the final weight of the donation trailer.